6 weeks, Part-time
In this 6-week part time product management course, you will gain the product management skill, to be equipped with the credibility and confidence to lead cross-functional teams and initiatives and bring products to life. Interactive workshops and real-life examples will equip you the fundamental skills to succeed across different product domains and business sizes. Upgrade your theoretical end-to-end product management process with practical experiences. Obtain essential product management skills, tools and techniques that you can apply to your job immediately.
Upon completion of the product management course, students will obtain a product management certification. If you are looking for improvement in product management knowledge, join the Xccelerate product management course now!
Course schedule - Monday to Friday
Daily lectures on course material
Weekly face-to-face tutorials
Co working space available
Offline mentor support (5 days a week)
Campus hot desk available to all students
Access anytime or anywhere
Access to all recordings in case you miss a lecture
Online support from mentors
Introduction to Product Management
• What is Product Management?
• PM myth buster
• What is a product?
• Key skills to possess: hard skills and soft skills
• Product Management in tech firms’ fundamentals
• Key agile concepts
• Top practices and buzz words you must know as a PM
• PM’s role in an agile setup
What do PMs do?
• Understanding product frameworks (PLC, Product Maturity Model)
• What to expect and how to prepare yourself
• Surviving as a PM in different companies (covering various sizes and domains)
Understand your audiences
• Discovery and research (Users & Market)
• Why is “Asking Why” so important and how not to alienate people?
• Product Vision and Mission
• Essential PM tools and techniques
• The classic Who, How, What
• Building the right thing or building thing right?
• What is prototyping?
• What is done-done?
• Introducing some tools and techniques
Creating your first roadmap
• The crucial differences between Product Manager/Owner and Project Managers
• The fundamentals of creating a Roadmap
• Non-linear thinking
• Where and how to begin?
• The importance or priorities and how to keep everyone happy?
Get it done
• The art of working with different stakeholders
• Collaborative alignment tactics and strategies
• User priorities vs business priorities, how to balance?
• Measuring success (KPI, OKR)
Listen and Learn
• You have shipped your product, what next?
• New features vs tech debts, which one is more important?
• Let’s talk launch plan and go-to-market plan
• Leadership without authorities
• Team culture is very important, are beanbags and ping pong tables enough?
• Horizontal and vertical management
• Resources to keep you growing
• Retrospectives – how to grow your team?
• Ending with a Retro, just like a real product team
Deciphering job ads
• Focusing on understanding what hiring managers are looking for
• How to prepare for your first interview?
Option to join lectures online
Unlimited during bootcamp
24/7 Access During Bootcamp
How is Xccelerate different from the other institutes?
Xccelerate was founded to address the main concerns that our students found lacking in traditional offline and even online learning environments. What you will find with us that does not come standard with a majority of other options is: - Our dedication to practical hands-on training environments that keep you accountable to your own success but also provide access to a modern curriculum with the aid of expert instructors. - For our immersive programs, we provide an in-house career support team as opposed to many other institutes where you are left to fend for yourself. Your job search progress will be closely followed up by our career consultants throughout the duration of the immersive program and even after graduation. - Our career team organizes various career events, e.g. networking evenings, guest sharing, workshops, etc. With such a commitment, we have achieved 91% successful hiring rate in the previous cohorts. Your success is our success! - Access to an always growing tech community. All Xccelerate students are invited to join our exclusive learning community, which is a platform of sharing and receiving news related to tech, such as the latest tech inventions, tech-talent roles openings, etc, allowing alumni and all stakeholders to discuss.
I do not have any tech background, are these courses suitable for me?
Our bootcamp programs are completely immersive. We teach from zero and expect you to have job-ready skills after the course. While it is not fully required to have pre-existing hard tech skills before the course, we highly recommend completing pre-course prep work that will be assigned before the course begins to best set you up to succeed.\n\nThe immersive courses are engineered to produce the best possible outcomes within 16 weeks, therefore students should fully understand the commitment and work ethic required to complete the program.
I am not sure which full-time and/or part-time courses I should take, is there a way to erase my concern?
You can schedule a free course consultation with us by emailing email@example.com where we will address your current career situation as well as your desired outcomes to help point you in the right direction.
Are there any trial classes for me to have a basic understanding of the courses?
We do not offer trial classes at the moment as it turns out to be quite distracting for current students and instructors, but we recommend you to schedule a campus tour with our Admissions Manager at +852 68838583. You can observe the class and talk to our instructors if necessary to learn more about the course.
How many students in each section of the courses? Would it be possible that the instructors might not be able to take care of all the students?
There are usually 15-20 students within each full time immersive course. In terms of in-house support offered by Xccelerate, our instructors are constantly available through dedicated channels that we have so that students can be walked through the course on a step by step level.
Full-Stack Web Development Immersive
Immersive Data Science & Machine Learning
Full-Stack UX Design Immersive
Web Development for Absolute Beginners
Data Science & Machine Learning
Digital Marketing & Growth Hacking
Introduction to FinTech
Introduction to Python
User Experience Design (Fundamentals)
User Interface Design
Introduction to Product Management
Blockchain for Developers Course
Hire Xccelerate Top Talent
Teach With Us
School Ambassador Program
Future Education Foundation
COVID-19 Economic Recovery Education Fund
Women in Tech Scholarship
Hong Kong's Largest Career Switch Series 2022
3/F, Citicorp Centre, 18 Whitfield Rd, Tin Hau, Fortress Hill
10 Ubi Crescent, #05-42 Ubi Techpark, Singapore 408564