Join our 5-Day Coding Challenge and Build Your First Ecommerce Website! Learn More Here.
Jul 12 - Aug 18, 2022
6 weeks, Part-time
This Xccelerate UX course is a fundamental set of UX design concepts and tooling we put together to help you kick-start practicing people-centric design for digital products. Within these 6-weeks of UX design course, you will get practice in UX research, rapid prototyping, design systems and more. Together we will build simple apps, perform UX research, apply insights across platforms and finish with you focusing on your personal portfolio project at Xccelerate UX bootcamp. Upon completion of the UX course, students will be able to understand the core UX design concepts and a certificate will be given..
Course schedule - Monday to Friday
Daily lectures on course material
Weekly face-to-face tutorials
Co working space available
Offline mentor support (5 days a week)
Campus hot desk available to all students
Access anytime or anywhere
Access to all recordings in case you miss a lecture
Online support from mentors
Introduction to UX
• What UX means for modern users today, mediums and career opportunities
• Good vs. Bad UX
• The job, the skills, the market and the trends
The UX Strategy
• Learn how to create the right UX strategy for your product
• How to identify value innovation
• Selecting users for research and planning
Empathy pt.1: Focus groups, interviews and screening
• Learn the 6 most popular user research types in detail
• Understand when to adopt each research method
• What can go wrong and how to prepare
• Write a screening questionnaire and interview script for our project
Empathy pt.2: Desirability tests, card sorting and A/B Testing
• Conduct user interviews for our project
• Perform closed card sorting to create logical structure in your app
• Learn how to execute successful A/B tests for optimal results
Defining pt.1: Problem statements and user personas
• Learn how to extract the most important information from all insights collected
• Identify a list of problem statements from our user research
• Create user personas based on what you've learned
• Launch innovative brainstorm sessions with How Might We (HMW) questions
Define pt.2: The user journey and user scenarios
• Utilizing our insights to map the user journey for your product
• Forecast user scenarios
• Identify key activities and pain points. Plan for them.
• By now you've put in a lot of work. Present your progress to the class and collect feedback
Ideation pt.1: Cooperations in design thinking
• Learn the 4 best ideation methods to spark innovative ideas
• How to prepare for ideation workshops
• Drawing with mobile and website templates
Ideation pt.2: Information Architecture & wireframe
• Learn the basic components to create your wirefreame and try to create
• Learn how to organise contents
• How to do navigation in your product
• Create Wireframe
Sketch, Figma, prototyping
• Learn how to use different trended design tools, where is to find resources and plugin
• Learn how to use software (Figma and Sketch) to design products that users will love
• Efficiency tips when prototyping
• Learn how to plan your usability test
• Best practices for conducting user testing
• Create a report from your test results
Final presentations and showcase
• We'll invite the UX community and companies in our network to see your final portfolio projects
Jan 11 - Feb 24, 2022
Tue & Thu, 7:15pm-9:15pm
Mar 14 - Apr 27, 2022
Mon & Wed, 7:15PM-9:15PM
May 17 - Jun 23, 2022
Tue & Thu, 7:15PM-9:15PM
Jul 12 - Aug 18, 2022
Starts in 45d 15:04:27
Option to join lectures online
Unlimited during bootcamp
24/7 Access During Bootcamp
How is Xccelerate different from the other institutes?
Xccelerate was founded to address the main concerns that our students found lacking in traditional offline and even online learning environments. What you will find with us that does not come standard with a majority of other options is: - Our dedication to practical hands-on training environments that keep you accountable to your own success but also provide access to a modern curriculum with the aid of expert instructors. - For our immersive programs, we provide an in-house career support team as opposed to many other institutes where you are left to fend for yourself. Your job search progress will be closely followed up by our career consultants throughout the duration of the immersive program and even after graduation. - Our career team organizes various career events, e.g. networking evenings, guest sharing, workshops, etc. With such a commitment, we have achieved 91% successful hiring rate in the previous cohorts. Your success is our success! - Access to an always growing tech community. All Xccelerate students are invited to join our exclusive learning community, which is a platform of sharing and receiving news related to tech, such as the latest tech inventions, tech-talent roles openings, etc, allowing alumni and all stakeholders to discuss.
I do not have any tech background, are these courses suitable for me?
Our bootcamp programs are completely immersive. We teach from zero and expect you to have job-ready skills after the course. While it is not fully required to have pre-existing hard tech skills before the course, we highly recommend completing pre-course prep work that will be assigned before the course begins to best set you up to succeed.\n\nThe immersive courses are engineered to produce the best possible outcomes within 16 weeks, therefore students should fully understand the commitment and work ethic required to complete the program.
I am not sure which full-time and/or part-time courses I should take, is there a way to erase my concern?
You can schedule a free course consultation with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where we will address your current career situation as well as your desired outcomes to help point you in the right direction.
Are there any trial classes for me to have a basic understanding of the courses?
We do not offer trial classes at the moment as it turns out to be quite distracting for current students and instructors, but we recommend you to schedule a campus tour with our Admissions Manager at +852 68838583. You can observe the class and talk to our instructors if necessary to learn more about the course.
How many students in each section of the courses? Would it be possible that the instructors might not be able to take care of all the students?
There are usually 15-20 students within each full time immersive course. In terms of in-house support offered by Xccelerate, our instructors are constantly available through dedicated channels that we have so that students can be walked through the course on a step by step level.
Full-Stack Web Development Immersive
Immersive Data Science & Machine Learning
Full-Stack UX Design Immersive
Web Development for Absolute Beginners
Data Science & Machine Learning
Digital Marketing & Growth Hacking
Introduction to FinTech
Introduction to Python
User Experience Design (Fundamentals)
User Interface Design
Introduction to Product Management
Hire Xccelerate Top Talent
Teach With Us
School Ambassador Program
Future Education Foundation
COVID-19 Economic Recovery Education Fund
Women in Tech Scholarship
1-on-1 Career Consultation
Hong Kong's Largest Career Switch Series 2022
3/F, Citicorp Centre, 18 Whitfield Rd, Tin Hau, Fortress Hill
10 Ubi Crescent, #05-42 Ubi Techpark, Singapore 408564